I’m back with a passion!! *o* 3 words: KIM SOO HYUN! He stole my heart yet again in this drama series. Also the main female lead, Jeon Ji-hyun, has always been one of my favorite actresses (My Sassy Girl). Kim Soo Hyun’s character as a handsome alien professor, who by the way graduated from Harvard, is just plain awesome.
Okay, before I get into the official casting, watch online links, other info, let me give some dips on what I thought about the plot. The set-up of the story is intriguingly interesting and there are way too many possibilities of where the conflicts lie to even start guessing. A self-isolated alien who waited for 400 years to return home, and when he has his chance, love smacks him right in the face. A bratty top star who is actually lonely and fragile inside. So you got two lonely hearts who have a ticking clock counting down their time of being together, mixed with a healthy dose of first loves and fate, and in the mix, thrown in a possibility of reincarnation. Combine these, and you’ll get the perfect recipe for a hot mess.
Do Min Joon (KIm Soo Hyun) is definitely a tsundare! He acts all tough and heartless, but inside he’s slowly learning to care for Choen Song Yi. Something that he has closed his heart to for the past 400 years. It’s not that he’s incapable of love, but he hasn’t allowed himself to because a lifetime of love is a lifetime of pain, and so he waits for his comet while living as an observer in his own life. Also not to mention his past tragic love when he first got to earth. Anyways, now onto the official info… ^o^
The info below are excerpts from WikiDrama.
- Title: 별에서 온 그대 / Byeoleseo On Geudae
- Also known as: You Came From the Stars / My Lover From The Stars / You From Another Star / My Love From Another Star
- Previously known as: 별에서 온 남자 / Byeoleseo On Namja (Man From the Stars)
- Genre: Romance, comedy, fantasy, melodrama, thriller
- Episodes: 21
- Broadcast network: SBS
- Broadcast period: 2013-Dec-18 to 2014-Feb-27
- Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00
- Original Soundtrack: You Who Came From the Stars OST
Synopsis: Do Min Joon is an alien who came to earth in 1609 and lands in the Joseon era, then lives through the next four hundred years to the present day where he works as university professor and falls in love with a haughty top hallyu actress, Chun Song Yi.
- Jun Ji Hyun as Chun Song Yi (28, top actress/university student)
- Kim Hyun Soo as young Chun Song Yi / Seo Yi Hwa
- Kim Soo Hyun as Do Min Joon (alien/university professor)
- Park Hae Jin as Lee Hwi Kyung (28, youngest son of S&C Group)
- Jo Seung Hyun as young Lee Hwi Kyung
- Yoo In Na as Yoo Se Mi (28, supporting actress)
- Kim Hye Won (김혜원) as young Yoo Se Mi
- Shin Sung Rok as Lee Jae Kyung (36, heir of S&C Group)